The Pepperpot is a well known local landmark on the outskirts of Sedbergh. The building is believed to be around 100 years old although stories differ as its original use. It is commonly thought to have been built as an isolation house for a local land owner’s daughter who had Tuberculosis. The last known use of Pepperpot was in 1936 when it was rented by a school master from the Preparatory School of Sedbergh and since then it has slowly fallen into disrepair. In spring 2015 the Heritage Lottery Fund awarded Sedbergh School Foundation a grant to rebuild Pepperpot. The site was rebuilt using heritage materials where possible and keeping the remaining parts of the building visible rather than rendering the full exterior.